Name: Olaoluwa Adeola
Year: 3rd Year
Major: Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
Position: Chair of Finance Board
1. Why are you running for an Executive Board position?
I have been on the Finance board for a while now and i believe that i am the best suited person to take up the post as the Chair of the Finance Board
2. What relevant experience do you have with student government at IIT or elsewhere?
I have been on the Finance Board for a little over 2 years
I have worked with many student organizations both as a programmer (requesting funds ) and as an advisor so i believe that i know how they function
I have completed a Leadership Effectiveness program given by the leadership academy
3. What other extra-curricular experiences do you have?
I am involved with the Innovation and Entrepreneurship academy at iit
I am a member of the African Student Organization
All other involvements are not very active at the moment but i am somewhat involved with groups like UB, ASME, Commuter Students from
4. How would you best represent the interest of IIT students in your decision making?
I would work with a board and as such mainly use feedback from the finance board for decision making
Recommendations and suggestions have always been welcome by the finance board and would continue to be supported
5. What strengths do you have that you consider as important to be an Exec Board Member?
I believe that i function well in leadership roles.
I also am able to dedicate myself to goals and objectives and hope that to be a main driving force for me as the Chair of the Finance Board.
I have goals that i have set to achieve should i get to be in this position and this I know would be able to make me a solid force on the Executive Board.