Name: Sri Kota
Year: 1st Year
Major: Molecular Biochemistry
Position: VP of Communications
1. Why are you running for an Executive Board position?
I want to change IIT for the better during my undergraduate years. The most direct way for me to do that is do become deeply involved with the SGA and the VP of Communications position is right up my alley, as I will explain later.
2. What relevant experience do you have with student government at IIT or elsewhere?
I was in a similar position like this in high school. I was involved with the Student Council and it was my job to coordinate the communications division. I have been a senator for 1 term and I am very sure I want to become more involved with the Executive Board.
3. What other extra-curricular experiences do you have?
I am a member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity as well as a Senator representing the College of Science and Letters in SGA.
4. How would you best represent the interest of IIT students in your decision making?
I have been a student here for close to a year now and I really do feel that I understand what the students want. They are my top priority and I hope to utilize my position as VP of Communications to make their stay at IIT a better one.
5. What strengths do you have that you consider as important to be an Exec Board Member?
I am dedicated to my commitments and make every effort to follow up on them. Student Government has always been of great interest to me and I know that I will be a great VP of Communications if elected.